Eating vegan or vegetarian at least one night a week has given me new ways to cook and enjoy food. Meatless Mondays have always been a top option in our house, but incorporating baking goods throughout the week in that, has been a fun adventure!
My family and I love banana bread and in order to make it vegan, I did a little experimenting and came up with the perfect recipe to create a vegan banana bread. ......and it tastes great!
2/3 c sugar ( white or brown sugar)
1/3 c oil (I used extra virgin olive oil, but vegetable, or canola would work too)
2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 c mashed overripe bananas (about three medium bananas)
2 tbs. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Smash ripe bananas in a small bowl, or measuring cup and set aside.
3. Add oil to bananas and mix lightly.
4. Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl attached to an electric mixer.
5. Slow mix the dry ingredients together on low speed.
6. Add banana/oil mixture and speed up mixer to medium speed.
7. Mix for about one minute and add vanilla extract.
8. High mix the mixture for about 45 seconds.
9. Pour mixture into a prepared loaf pan.
10. Bake for 45-55 minutes, checking at 30 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with cinnamon halfway through baking.